These are yummy, easy to make, great for parties AND vegan baby!!! I made them for Christmas and everyone loved them. Woot!
- 1 package of tempeh (Any kind you’d like. My go to is Soy Boy brand)
- 1 package of taco seasoning (I found an organic one because regular ones have sketchy ingredients – I know, craziness!! You could always get fancy and make your own)
- Whatever amount of water is required for the seasoning
- Wonton wrappers (make sure you read ingredients because some contain egg)
- 1 can refried beans (I used Amy’s organic)
- Daiya chedder shreds
- Coconut oil
- Optional toppings: guac (come on, you have too!), salsa, diced tomatoes, cilantro, onion, black olives
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Put some coconut oil in your muffin tins.
- Crumble up the tempeh and saute in a pan on medium heat until it starts to brown. You can add some water or some coconut oil to the pan first if you’d like. Then add the taco seasoning mix , and cook for 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Place one wonton wrapper in the bottom of each muffin cup. Layer about 1/2 tablespoon of refried beans on top of each wonton. Top with 1/2 tablespoon of tempeh and some of the Daiya shreds. Repeat the layers again with a wonton wrapper, refried beans, tempeh, and Daiya.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove cupcakes from tin and top with your favorite taco toppings.