Are you struggling between being a mother and building a successful business at the same time? How do you put your family first before making your dreams come true? Can you really have it all? Designer and entrepreneur Libby Bryant shares about her own struggles and finding the path to a happy life.
Libby Bryant is a mom of two boys, a lifelong artist and designer, and an entrepreneur who is super passionate about building a successful business while putting her family first. When she became a mother her life shifted and she struggled to find her path. She knew she had big things inside of her but was torn between motherhood and her personal desires. She knew there was a solution to be able to have it all, but many days it felt impossible. After embarking on an often times messy quest for the answers she discovered path to a happy life was hiding inside her all along.
In addition to building her design business, she loves to help women grow the business of their dreams as they navigate the unique challenges and circumstances that come up while being a goal-driven mom. She believes that everything happens for a reason, that every human has the answers inside of themselves and that whatever you dream IS possible.
She lives in Denver, Colorado with her two young boys, architect husband and old grumpy dog.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- The struggle of transitioning into motherhood and envisioning what it is that you really want in your life
- The signs that tell you that you need to make change
- Some tips on finding clarity
- What actions to take to start making that change happen
- Being a wife and a mother doesn’t mean that you only take care of your husband and your kids and that you stop taking care of yourself. You don’t have to be everything to everyone. Don’t put yourself last.
- Don’t fall into the “I don’t know” trap. As long as you’re in that “I don’t know” headspace, you’re not going to be able to move forward and succeed.
- If you are not physically at your best and you don’t have that energy, there is no way that you can get much out of the mindset work that needs to be done.
What you can do:
- Don’t forget your identity.
- Be open to exploring.
- Have the courage to admit when things don’t feel right.
- Make a commitment to solve the problem.
- Own your desires, know what it is that you really want to do, and take small actions towards it.
- Find a support system that aligns with who you want to become.
“The reality is that unless you put your feet in the shoes of the people that know what they want, you’re never going to figure it out.”
“Everyone knows what they want to do at their core, but when they were born and as life happened, all of these layers kind of piled up over that… And once you take ownership, it’s your job of removing all of those to get to the middle, and it’s not always going to be pretty.”
Thank you for listening!
Remember, you are deserving and you are capable.
Click to listen below!
Links to things mentioned in the episode:
Keys to the Kingdom by Alison Armstrong