Why do so many women not go after the life that they truly desire and deserve? It’s all because of fear. Today, I talk about some of the insights from the book I Am That Girl and how to get over fear in order to live the life that you want.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Why you need to stop holding yourself back and start doing things NOW
- The things that will get you to make a change and have it last
- How you can work on your fear
- “Most people are afraid to dream big so they live their lives with small dreams with great self-imposed limitations and with countless excuses to justify it. Living small and dreaming small is easy because you will never run out of excuses for why don’t want to do something bigger. Excuses keep you safe, comfortable, certain and create an illusion of control, but they are the fastest way to burst your dreams bubble and knock down your hope-filled sand castle.” (From I Am That Girl by Alexis Jones)
- “On the other side of fear is freedom.” (From You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero)
- A lot of our fear is socially conditioned and has been passed down to us.
- The majority of people are ‘living’ a life based on what they think they need to be doing and based upon what is ‘normal’.
- Fear stems from uncertainty. But when there is uncertainty, that is when faith over fear comes in and that is when trust in yourself comes in.
What you can start to do:
- Work on your fear. Get clear on what it is that you’re fearing and why.
- Flip your fear and get clear on everything that you could gain from getting over that fear.
- If you really want to live the best life, work on yourself every single day.
- Invest in yourself and in people who can help you.
“I know that I have this big mission and I refuse to live a life of mediocrity. I refuse to live that life that was ‘normal’ that everyone else was doing. I wanted to be happy… The ultimate thing for me was happiness and I’m going to guess that it is for most people.”
“Fear — all it’s going to do is hold you back from living that life that you truly deserve.”
Thank you for listening!
If you are pregnant like me, I have something special for you so you can Rock Your Pregnancy! Click on the link to find out more!
Remember, you are deserving and you are capable!
Click to listen below!